Hot Oil Treatment

Long luxurious hair is everyone's dream. When it comes about hair care, I love hair oiling routine which is Hot Oil Treatment.  In fact, I oil my hair and scalp thrice in a week. Right now its monsoon in India, so I take my hair oiling routine to a next level. So let's get started.

Step 1:- Choose wisely.


Choose hair oil based on your scalp and hair condition. If I failed to treat my scalp and hair during busy schedules I get dandruff, which is very awful. But when I care about my scalp and hair, I feel my hair & scalp healthy. Being an Indian I always prefer homemade natural coconut oil or virgin coconut oil prepared with lots of curry leaves, henna leaves, and red hibiscus flower. The fragrance of my homemade hair oil is amazing, it even tends me to apply more and more over my hair. So based on availability, conditions of hair and scalp and price choose your hair oil.

Step 2:- Warm your hair oil


I prefer to slightly warm my hair oil before applying my hair. You can use either double boiler method, microwave or direct heating method. But make sure that it won't catch fire.

Step 3:- Massage



Give your scalp a nice massage with warm oil. Massage as long as you can. Because it helps blood circulation which results in hair growth and oiling adds an extra shine to hair. I use my favorite scalp massager for at least one hour.

Step 4:- Steam


After massage steam ur hair either by using hot towel treatment or using a steamer for 10-15 minutes. Steam unclog pores and promotes hair growth.

Step 5:- Rest

Let the hair oil to stay on your hair and scalp for 2-3 hours. Allow it to do some magic on your hair.

Step 6:- Shampoo



After 3 hours wash your hair using your favorite shampoo. Right now I am using Loreal Elvive Extraordinary Oil Nourishing Shampoo. First of all, I take a tablespoon of shampoo and mix it in lukewarm water in a small cup, then I apply it on my wet scalp. This method helps to avoid more usage of shampoo to a great extent. Also, it produces enough lather to clean out my scalp and hair.

Step 7:- Drying


I dry my hair with the help of a ceiling fan. I try to avoid the usage of a hair dryer to a great extent. But during monsoon and winter, I use a hairdryer to dry my scalp for 2 minutes just to make sure that it's completely dry as it takes a long time during these seasons.

Repeat this treatment once in a week for best results




Comments

Post a Comment